Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday at noon

We climbed through the Rockies all Monday night, with Carl conquering Monarch Pass (elevation 11,840) at noon on Tuesday. Coming out of the east slope of the great mountains, I enjoyed a stretch of cycling along the Arkansas River, before turning up into our last bit of incline. There was a moderate headwind, enough to force you to work even on a downward grade. As I doggedly pushed onward against the persistent pushing back of the wind, I was reminded of the countless times I have pushed on against the steady resistance of the Holy Spirit, too strong willed or dimwitted to heed her persistent push.

Now 75 miles into Kansas, we are enjoying 85-90 degree sunny weather. While we will doubtless have plenty of headwinds in the days to come, I feel confident that we have the Spirit of Holiness encouraging us along.

No comments: